Korean Jjimjilbang is a traditional way of health and leisure in Korea, and is often considered as a form of energy hyperthermia. Originating in the Korean court, Jjimjilbang has a long history in Korean culture and is popular for its relaxing and health benefits.
Temperatures in Jjimjilbang rooms are maintained between 38 °C to 42 °C where people can sit or lie on heated mineral stones. Such minerals have been shown to help symptoms associated with muscle and joint pain, the common cold, improving blood circulation, and more. When these mineral stones are heated, energy is quickly released in the form of far infrared rays and negative ions. This provides energy to the human body and increases cellular activity, blood circulation and metabolism. Additional health benefits include eliminating toxins, regulating pH levels, and supplementing nutrients.
The benefit of Korean Jjimjilbang:
1. Improving microvessel circulation: Jjimjilbang promotes the movement of independent water molecules between cells which can in turn provide energy in the form of heat through resonance. The heat allows for a slight rise in the temperature of the deep subcutaneous layer, which accelerates blood flow and results in capillary dilation. The more capillaries expand, the less pressure the heart will have to exert. This, in combination with the movement of water molecules can help increase the body’s oxygen content to achieve amazing health care benefits for rheumatism and arthritis.
2. Weight loss and detoxification: Jjimjilbang rooms are maintained between 38 °C to 42 °C, allowing for excess water, salt molecules and subcutaneous fat in the body to be excreted through sweat. Metabolic wastes are also rapidly discharged from the body reducing the burden on the liver and kidneys. In addition, the water solubility of fat is increased at around 40 °C thereby further encouraging fat loss and weight reduction.
3. Jjimjilbang sessions are typically 50 minutes, and during this time, the amount of sweating that occurs is equivalent to a 10 kilometre run.
Sweat discharged during Jjimjilbang is not odorous or sticky. We recommend that you do not bathe after treatment. Instead, wipe off with a towel as sweat from Jjimjilbang can be used as a natural emulsion to help promote smooth and beautiful skin.
阿富汗白玉含有十余种对人体有益的微量元素：锌、铁、硒、镁等。 这些元素在阿富汗的白玉中非常活跃。 在高温条件下，这些微量元素更容易通过皮肤被人体吸收。通过躺在或坐在此房间里，可以帮助你逐步达到清醒心灵、排毒、移除放射、增强抵抗力及延年益寿的效果。
Afghan Jade Stone Room
Afghan White Jade contains more than ten trace elements that are beneficial to the human body such as zinc, iron, selenium, and magnesium. These elements are extremely active in Afghan White Jade and are readily absorbed by the skin under high temperatures. Lying or sitting down in the room will gradually help you clear the mind, detoxify the body, strengthen the immune system while promoting longevity.
Recommended duration in the Jade Stone Room: Approx. 30 Minutes
Himalayan Salt Room
When heated, Himalayan mineral salts create natural negative ions. These ions have excellent anti-oxidizing properties which promote detoxification and waste excretion. Benefits include:
– Improving skin conditions and skin elasticity
– Reducing asthma and allergy symptoms
– Preventing osteoporosis
– Purifying blood
– Increasing metabolism
– Reducing recovery time from fatigue
Recommended duration in the Himalayan Salt Room: Approx. 40 Minutes
The Infrared Room has been known to help improve:
- Sleep quality
- Weight management
- Muscle ache and joint pain relief
- Skin complexion
- Skin tightening
- Blood circulation
Recommended duration in the Infrared Room: Approx. 40 Minutes
Japanese Ganban-yoku Room
Ganban-yoku is a traditional way of promoting health in Japan, where individuals lie down on a heated slab of rock that is embedded in the Japanese Ganban-yoku Room floor. The rock emits negative ions and infrared rays that are quickly absorbed by cells. Benefits include:
- Increasing blood circulation
- Boosting immunity
- Reducing muscle stiffness
- Encouraging weight loss
- Relieving pain
- Promoting detoxification
- Alleviating physical and mental stress
Recommended duration in the Japanese Ganban-yoku Room: Approx. 30 Minutes
1 Pick up the key to the locker at the reception desk
2 Store your shoes at the reception desk and receive a special Jjimjilbang suit.
3 Enter the corresponding shower room, shower and put on Jjimjilbang outfit (wearing clean socks) to enter the hall.
4 You can experience the magical effects of energy hyperthermia in 4 different functions of Jjimjilbang.
5 You can use the automatic massage chair for free once.
6 Use the gym, in the lobby play chess and casual games, or rest in the lounge area.
7 The tea area offers a wide range of affordable drinks.
Please consult with your physician before if you have any condition listed below:
– Pacemaker / Defibrillator
– Insensitivity to Heat
– Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With a Reduced
– Ability to Sweat or Perspire
– Cardiovascular Condition
Please refrain from using Jjimjilbang if you have/you are
– Under the Influence of Alcohol and Cannabis
– Recent Joint Injury (within 72hrs), Enclosed Infection or Wounds From Surgical Operation or Surgery.
– Experiencing Menstruation (may temporarily increase the menstrual flow)
Please be aware of the spa rules below:
– No use of phone or chatting in the main Jjimjilbang room and to respect the silent policy
– glass containers prohibited
– No perfume or cologne for the Jjimjilbang sessions
– Please do not use loud voices inside the Spa
– Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
– Children must be over 13 years and up
– Keep the outfits on at all times during the Jjimjilbang session
– Guests need to wear socks in the Spa, because there are stairs and jade floor, need to wear socks with non-slip bottom
*Please know that Hot snow spa may refuse services to those not following the rules*
Hot Snow Spa will provide clients to change into a unique Jjimjilbang outfit and Professional the towel to wipe sweat .
Please read below for items you should bring with you depending on your needs.
– Typically, the outfit is to wear over the bottom underwear. As the sweat through the session is odorless once it dries, it does not leave any smell. If you feel uncomfortable, please feel free to bring extra underwear to change into.
– we do not recommend taking a shower after the session, please bring your bath towel if you wish to take a shower after the treatment. *Rental is available for $2.00.
*Please keep the outfit on in the facility at all times*